Terms and Methods of Payment
- You will be invoiced for services and payment can be made by cheque, money order or credit card using PayPal ® or by electronic funds transfer.
- Billing is in quarter-hour increments. Terms are strictly 15 days unless otherwise negotiated.
- A deposit is required for all projects. Work completed for large projects will be invoiced at agreed intervals.
- To review all work completed and accept or reject changes.
- The client is solely responsible for implementation of suggestions made by Edit-A-Word and there is no warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.
- To retain full responsibility for the content, structure and logic within documents, the quality and final use of the document.
- To be familiar with the seriousness of plagiarism and breach of copyright and assume full responsibility for such compliance.
- Some universities require students to seek their supervisors’ approval before using the services of an editor for dissertations and theses. It is the client’s responsibility to comply with any such requirements.
- If confidential documents are to be edited then the client assumes full responsibility for ensuring approval from employers/organisations for Edit-A-Word to undertake this work.
- If at any point of time, while the project is ongoing, the client decides to discontinue, they will need to pay full amount of the project, initially agreed upon.
- The provision of service by Edit-A-Word is an acknowledgement that the customer has read, understood and agreed to the terms set out on this page.
- Providing a functional email address to receive communication and completed work from Edit-A-Word.
- Providing final sign off of work completed by Edit-A-Word. If we do not hear from you within seven days of returning your edited document (or 14 days for a document of over 50,000 words), we assume you have approved our work and we bear no further responsibility.
- To competently complete designated editing tasks within the agreed timeframe.
- Edit-A-Word assumes no responsibility of the content and therefore does not assume liability for any consequences of the content or tender any written or implied warranty.
- Quality editing work is the ultimate goal of Edit-A-Word, but total absence of typographical errors cannot be guaranteed. Edit-A-Word undertakes to correct such minor errors at no cost to the client once advised. Such oversights can be avoided by having a realistic timeframe for project completion.
- Every attempt is made to complete work within the negotiated price range. In the case of unusually complex work or unforeseen formatting issues Edit-A-Word reserves the right to alter the pricing to reflect the additional time involved. This will be done in full consultation with the client.
- Fees are primarily associated with labour and are therefore non-refundable. If you are not happy with the editing result please contact Edit-A-Word to further discuss the issue. Our aim is to provide a well-edited document in the required format.
- All documents submitted to Edit-A-Word can only be accessed by authority and staff members.
- All client files can be deleted upon written request once the client confirms receipt of the edited document.
- All our editors and staff of Edit-A-Word sign confidentiality agreements.
- Upon request, we will consider signing the client’s confidentiality agreement.
- We will never share client’s personal details or email address with anyone.
- No one will know you have used our service unless you tell them.
- The testimonials that appear on our website have been written by clients who have agreed to have their testimonial published. We never publish testimonials without consent.
- We would only disclose confidential information if we are legally required to do so by a court of law or in connection with legal action by a client against Edit-A-Word or any of its editors, employees, agents, or assignees.